Video of Ya Nan Singing-at 8:30 on video

Our Beautiful Ya Nan

Our Beautiful Ya Nan
From the moment I saw her, I knew she had my heart...

Our Timeline

8-21-12: Saw our Daughter's face for the first time
8-31-12: Decided she is indeed a Johnson
9-17-12: Home Study Visit
9-24-12: Home Study Visit
10-18-12: I800A received
11-5-12: Walk-in Fingerprints
11-28-12: I800A Approval
12-17-12: DTC
12-27-12: LOI
12-28-12:PA
1-17-13: OOT
2-1-13: LOA (China approved 1-29)
2-4-13: I800 received at lockbox
2-15-13: I800 request for evidence
4-26-13: RFE sent
5-1-13: I800 Approved
5-6-13: GUZ #
5-7-13: Cabled
5-9-13: Article 5 Drop Off
6-11-13: Article 5 Approved
6-13-13: Article 5 Pick Up
6-21-13: TA
CA
Leave for China!
Gotcha Day

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hearing His Voice

Isn't it intriguing how God speaks to each of us differently?  And sometimes, it's what He doesn't say that is the most important.  As I mentioned in my first post, there were many God moments during the week of deciding whether we were meant to be Yanan's family.  My heart absolutely wanted to jump.  It's a heart that has a special place for the orphaned...  A heart that has felt the disappointment of not having a "real" mother and father.  A heart that has been filled with love a forever mother and father that didn't give birth to me.  A heart that was healed by the ultimate Father.

Yanan just so happens to be the same age I was when I gained an earthly mother and father that provided the love and support I had longed for as a younger child.

Of course I rationalized so many what if scenarios.  For example, what do I know about raising teenagers?  And then I realized that it's not what I know but that I be obedient.   "God does not call the equipped, He equips the called."  I pray that my daily interaction with 850 teenagers will somehow help me be the best mother I can be.  And maybe God will use my own life experiences to provide insight on the loss and hurt she has and will experience.  Most importantly, the absolute unconditional love that I have for her will hopefully radiate and bring glory to her heavenly Father.  Because this is the most important task as a parent.  

As I began to pray that week, I originally prayed that God would speak so loud that I couldn't ignore His words.  By midweek, I learned that what I really needed was to be quiet and listen because He was speaking all along.


Last night, as I was perusing in a store, I came across metal crown.  When I saw it, I thought to myself. Yanan is my daughter, but she is ultimately the daughter of the King.  So that crown came home with me and I hope to use it as a tool to explain to her how loved she is, not only my birth and adoptive family but also by her heavenly Father.  



Sometimes God doesn't show us the entire picture of how He is working in our lives.  But I must say this week, He gave me a glimpse of how one little girl who needed a family made a huge impact.  An adoptive mom contacted me yesterday to say that her family had been praying about whether or not they were meant to be Yanan's family.  Her post is amazing in the way she explains how her voice was saying yes, but that God was speaking differently.  She ends her post with these words:

It wasn't the finances that stopped us for Candice (Yanan's agency given name) or the crazy looks or concerns that our family and friends would give us when we said we were adopting a 12 year old it was the fact that God has asked me quite clearly to be one of His sheep and to listen to His voice, not mine. "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me." (John 10:27)

I am going to do my very best to advocate for her and see if she comes back to us or goes to the family that God intended to be hers. Here is her sweet and beautiful face and she is with Living Hope on their individual list. I do not want to ever see her on an aging out list. She has a year and a half before she ages out and Living Hope has promised a fast time frame to her even if you are starting from scratch on a dossier. Are you her forever family? Please strongly consider praying with your spouse about lovely Candice. 

You see this was posted on the same day that God confirmed with Ryan and I that we were meant to be Yanan's parents.  So it's not always what God says, but what He doesn't say.  But God knew we would need support and resources to help bring her home.  It just so happens that this sweet adoptive mom has a gift at fundraising and helps other families bring home their children.  Another God moment...

My prayer is that Yanan will look back at these moments when she arrives home and know that not only do we love her to China and back, but that God loves her more!

Click here to see a video of our precious girl singing about hope in difficult times and when we work hand and hand the problem will be solved...  She's at about 8:20 in the video with a yellow jacket and pink cheeks. :o)



1 comment:

  1. I am praying for Yanan with you--that God will prepare her heart to love and welcome you and Ryan as her parents as well as give her a desire to know her Heavenly Father. I am praying that during this waiting time there will be someone who can help her begin to heal. Jesscia, I am also praying for you and your family as you wait.

    ReplyDelete