Video of Ya Nan Singing-at 8:30 on video

Our Beautiful Ya Nan

Our Beautiful Ya Nan
From the moment I saw her, I knew she had my heart...

Our Timeline

8-21-12: Saw our Daughter's face for the first time
8-31-12: Decided she is indeed a Johnson
9-17-12: Home Study Visit
9-24-12: Home Study Visit
10-18-12: I800A received
11-5-12: Walk-in Fingerprints
11-28-12: I800A Approval
12-17-12: DTC
12-27-12: LOI
12-28-12:PA
1-17-13: OOT
2-1-13: LOA (China approved 1-29)
2-4-13: I800 received at lockbox
2-15-13: I800 request for evidence
4-26-13: RFE sent
5-1-13: I800 Approved
5-6-13: GUZ #
5-7-13: Cabled
5-9-13: Article 5 Drop Off
6-11-13: Article 5 Approved
6-13-13: Article 5 Pick Up
6-21-13: TA
CA
Leave for China!
Gotcha Day

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Nesting

The wait is HARD. At times it can seem unbearable. To have a child born in your heart and be miles apart is difficult. I worry if she's hungry, happy, if she feels hope, has someone to give her hugs, knows that we are coming, is safe... To be powerless is difficult-unable to comfort, console, encourage, and love on her. So to keep my sanity, I try to find Joy in the two blessings I have here although I still find myself planning around 3. Guess it goes back to the born in my heart feeling. I've also helped get my mind off of the wait, I started about ten new projects! This can be overwhelming because my OCD wants to do them all and check them off the list, ha! So here's a few things I've been up to:
I found this wonderful booth at the Nashville Christmas village this year. You can find her awesome work here.
I loved the fabric lights and decided to make a string for Ya Nan's room.




So I gathered a 1/2 yard of 10 different fabrics and some white Christmas lights.




I cut the fabric into 1.5" by 10" strips. Well let's says that's a lot of strips! So this project is still in progress! Stay tuned for the finished product. :)




Since we don't know when LOA will come and I will be obsessed with travel details at that point, I started working on Ya Nan's bedroom a few weeks ago. Our house has 4 bedrooms so our office that once was in the spare bedroom had to be moved and painted... So we went from a taupe office to a pretty blue green room!







The painting project is finished and furniture has been placed in the room. I debated on whether or not to "decorate" her room or allow her to choose and pick things out. We decided to paint (since blue is her favorite color) and do some decorating as not to overwhelm her with choices when we first get home. I didn't want her room to be completely empty compared to the other kiddos who have rooms that are decorated and full. If she doesn't like the room, we will redecorate after she is settled! More photos to come when that project is finished!




I decided to use restyled vintage furniture for her room. The drawers needed to be lined so I purchased some pretty scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby and some Modge Podge.







I used the paper as lining and created a protective coat and sealer with the Modge Podge. Here's the finished project:




I wanted to use a variety of frames in her room to display photos and prints. I've found some great frames at consignment stores and it's amazing what a can of spray paint can do!
Some of the frames I used to create a magnetic board and dry erase board.




And some of the frames will hold important messages I want Ya Nan to keep in her heart. Like this print from Prints Charming:




Our prayer is that she knows just how much we love her forever and always!
More to come. Off to try to complete work on a project!
Jessica

2 comments:

  1. I love the light idea!! Can you send me an upclose picture of that shop? My email is mostlymegan@gmail.com if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wait is so hard. I'm glad you are keeping busy. Praying you have a quick LOA!

    ReplyDelete