Video of Ya Nan Singing-at 8:30 on video

Our Beautiful Ya Nan

Our Beautiful Ya Nan
From the moment I saw her, I knew she had my heart...

Our Timeline

8-21-12: Saw our Daughter's face for the first time
8-31-12: Decided she is indeed a Johnson
9-17-12: Home Study Visit
9-24-12: Home Study Visit
10-18-12: I800A received
11-5-12: Walk-in Fingerprints
11-28-12: I800A Approval
12-17-12: DTC
12-27-12: LOI
12-28-12:PA
1-17-13: OOT
2-1-13: LOA (China approved 1-29)
2-4-13: I800 received at lockbox
2-15-13: I800 request for evidence
4-26-13: RFE sent
5-1-13: I800 Approved
5-6-13: GUZ #
5-7-13: Cabled
5-9-13: Article 5 Drop Off
6-11-13: Article 5 Approved
6-13-13: Article 5 Pick Up
6-21-13: TA
CA
Leave for China!
Gotcha Day

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Answered Prayers

The past two weeks have quite possibly been the most difficult weeks of my life. I've struggled with patience and allowed myself be become consumed in things I can't control. I've prayed for mercy and for God to move mountains. I've asked our family and friends to join us. And I've asked BIG things from God, knowing that his timing is perfect and praying that His will and mercies make this part of the adoption process as as possible. I've prayed specifically for Maeli and that He would fill her belly, that she not be hungry, that He would fill her heart and that she wouldn't feel lonely, and that He would prepare her for our family and get us there before she had to spend another birthday without a family. God answers prayers! Maeli's story is a testimony. This process is a testimony. I can't wait to share with her all the ways God has worked to bring us together.

On Friday, February 1, 2013, God answered another prayer. At 12:58pm, my phone rang. It was our social worker from our adoption agency. Our Letter of Acceptance (LOA) had arrived! I began to sob as she explained the next steps to bring her home. I was in awe at how God had shown great mercy and blessings to her. I was in awe at how my faith had been challenged and how God came through and showed His glory and power.

Jumping for JOY!


Based on recent timelines, we received our LOA 2-4 weeks from "normal" processing times. Typically families travel 8-10 weeks after LOA. There are still a few steps on the US side to complete before China will issue travel approval. So celebrating her 13th birthday with her in China is definitely a possibility if things continue to progress smoothly. We are cautiously optimistic!

So what happens next?
-File I800 application to gain approval from immigration in the United States for her to leave China (this was sent Friday and arrived at the lockbox facility this morning). This process takes about 3 weeks
-Our approval and file is cabled (or electronically sent) to the embassy in China where they process her visa. Article 5 (regarding Maeli's visa) is approved. This takes 2-3 weeks
-Wait for Travel Approval from CCCWA. About 2 weeks
-Travel to China!


- Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment