Video of Ya Nan Singing-at 8:30 on video

Our Beautiful Ya Nan

Our Beautiful Ya Nan
From the moment I saw her, I knew she had my heart...

Our Timeline

8-21-12: Saw our Daughter's face for the first time
8-31-12: Decided she is indeed a Johnson
9-17-12: Home Study Visit
9-24-12: Home Study Visit
10-18-12: I800A received
11-5-12: Walk-in Fingerprints
11-28-12: I800A Approval
12-17-12: DTC
12-27-12: LOI
12-28-12:PA
1-17-13: OOT
2-1-13: LOA (China approved 1-29)
2-4-13: I800 received at lockbox
2-15-13: I800 request for evidence
4-26-13: RFE sent
5-1-13: I800 Approved
5-6-13: GUZ #
5-7-13: Cabled
5-9-13: Article 5 Drop Off
6-11-13: Article 5 Approved
6-13-13: Article 5 Pick Up
6-21-13: TA
CA
Leave for China!
Gotcha Day

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Birthday Photos and We are Cabled!!!

It's been an exciting week!  After three months of immigration delay, the last week has been full of movement and surprises!  As I mentioned before, we sent Maeli a cake and a care package for her birthday on April 12th.  We hoped to receive some photos of her birthday party and they finally arrived!  It looks like she had a wonderful time with her friends and the worker at the orphanage.  She looks happy which makes my heart full!


Yesterday, we received our GUZ #.  It's the account number that the embassy in China will use to process Maeli's visa and our immigration request.  This afternoon we received email confirmation that our file was "cabled" or emailed to the embassy in China where our agency representative will drop off Maeli's visa application along with some other documents to begin the process for issuing her visa.  This step is critical and provides final approval of her immigration status.  We are praying that things are processed quickly at this step. This step usually takes exactly 2 weeks.  Once the approval (Article 5 letter) is picked up, it is delivered to the CCCW@ where they will issue travel approval (TA)!!!

Since there are upcoming closures at the end of May that could delay our TA approval, we are requesting an expedite for our Article 5.  We hope this expedite request will be honored and we will be processed without delay as we have been unnecessarily delayed for 11 weeks!  If the expedite is approved we could be waiting for TA sooner!  Our Article 5 is scheduled to be dropped off tomorrow night (May 9 China time).  It's SO exciting to think we are getting closer to our daughter.  Just typing that makes my heart beat faster!  There is lots to do here at home, but I would love nothing more to hop on a plane and bring our sweet girl home!!!  She has been told that things are moving again and I can't wait to hug our sweet girl and let her know that her Mama loves her very much!  Please pray the expedite is approved and we are waiting for Travel Approval soon!  If it isn't expedited, I feel comfort knowing that it isn't God's timing but I did all I can to help bring her home as soon as possible.  GOD is good and I trust His timing!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment