Video of Ya Nan Singing-at 8:30 on video

Our Beautiful Ya Nan

Our Beautiful Ya Nan
From the moment I saw her, I knew she had my heart...

Our Timeline

8-21-12: Saw our Daughter's face for the first time
8-31-12: Decided she is indeed a Johnson
9-17-12: Home Study Visit
9-24-12: Home Study Visit
10-18-12: I800A received
11-5-12: Walk-in Fingerprints
11-28-12: I800A Approval
12-17-12: DTC
12-27-12: LOI
12-28-12:PA
1-17-13: OOT
2-1-13: LOA (China approved 1-29)
2-4-13: I800 received at lockbox
2-15-13: I800 request for evidence
4-26-13: RFE sent
5-1-13: I800 Approved
5-6-13: GUZ #
5-7-13: Cabled
5-9-13: Article 5 Drop Off
6-11-13: Article 5 Approved
6-13-13: Article 5 Pick Up
6-21-13: TA
CA
Leave for China!
Gotcha Day

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Learning English

I've spent the past few days brainstorming phrases that Maeli may need to communicate to us during our first days together.  We will have a guide in China, but our guide won't be with us when we are at the hotel and during our "bonding" time.  We plan to use translation apps on the iPad but I also want to make some flashcards with simple phrases in English, Chinese, and pinyin that we can use to communicate wants, needs, and emotions.

So while I've been studying Chinese pinyin, Maeli has been studying English.  I received an email today with photos of our sweet girl working hard in English class.  It's neat that while I am focusing on Chinese and how to make her transition less stressful, half-way around the world she is focusing on learning how to communicate with her new family.  This is such a blessing to know the orphanage volunteers are preparing her.



Here is the latest update:
Li, Ya Nan is so excited about being adopted!  She looks at your photo and the biggest grin spreads over her face! She had us to print another photo for her. She already really loves you guys. She will be a joy in your home. You will be so proud of her!  She is practicing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star; Row Row Row your boat; and Oh Susannah in English.  She really likes It's Yesterday Once More  by the Carpenters; but cannot sing it yet.  She is trying.  She is practicing the days of the week, the months of the year and the seasons in English.

Doesn't that just make your heart smile?  




No comments:

Post a Comment