Video of Ya Nan Singing-at 8:30 on video

Our Beautiful Ya Nan

Our Beautiful Ya Nan
From the moment I saw her, I knew she had my heart...

Our Timeline

8-21-12: Saw our Daughter's face for the first time
8-31-12: Decided she is indeed a Johnson
9-17-12: Home Study Visit
9-24-12: Home Study Visit
10-18-12: I800A received
11-5-12: Walk-in Fingerprints
11-28-12: I800A Approval
12-17-12: DTC
12-27-12: LOI
12-28-12:PA
1-17-13: OOT
2-1-13: LOA (China approved 1-29)
2-4-13: I800 received at lockbox
2-15-13: I800 request for evidence
4-26-13: RFE sent
5-1-13: I800 Approved
5-6-13: GUZ #
5-7-13: Cabled
5-9-13: Article 5 Drop Off
6-11-13: Article 5 Approved
6-13-13: Article 5 Pick Up
6-21-13: TA
CA
Leave for China!
Gotcha Day

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 7, 2013

China day 3: Zhengzhou Park

Since our first two days were very busy, we waited until today to give Maeli the gifts we had brought for her. We wanted her to have something that would remind her of how much we love her so we gave her an "I love you" necklace and a camera for her to capture memories of China while she is here.



Wednesday was one of our most relaxing days. We went to the park that morning with our guide. The park was big with lots of trees and buildings. There were retired people dancing, singing, and playing ping pong. Others played cards. We also saw traditional Chinese buildings.









After the park, we walked to a popular shopping area in ZZ. There were many stores lined down the alleys and streets. We stopped at a jade store where we picked out a bracelet for Maeli. They also gave her and Chase jade pendants and engraved their names on them in Chinese.








We came back to the room to give us some family time and to spend some time together. I could tell Maeli was overwhelmed by all the changes that had taken place the past couple of days. So we decided to get out some things I had brought for the kids to do together. They built Legos, made objects with duct tape, and played with Flarp. I think the Flarp went over well! Maeli began to open up more as we interacted together as a family.









- Jessica

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got some downtime...something hard to come by on an adoption trip!! I remember that park...beautiful!! You guys are a God made family already! Can't wait to meet sweet Maeli and you again when you get back to the states. Love seeing your blog posts every day. Thanks for sharing with all of us. Prayers and blessings! Donna H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! Love the older adoption stories. I'm glad yours is going so well.

    ReplyDelete