Video of Ya Nan Singing-at 8:30 on video

Our Beautiful Ya Nan

Our Beautiful Ya Nan
From the moment I saw her, I knew she had my heart...

Our Timeline

8-21-12: Saw our Daughter's face for the first time
8-31-12: Decided she is indeed a Johnson
9-17-12: Home Study Visit
9-24-12: Home Study Visit
10-18-12: I800A received
11-5-12: Walk-in Fingerprints
11-28-12: I800A Approval
12-17-12: DTC
12-27-12: LOI
12-28-12:PA
1-17-13: OOT
2-1-13: LOA (China approved 1-29)
2-4-13: I800 received at lockbox
2-15-13: I800 request for evidence
4-26-13: RFE sent
5-1-13: I800 Approved
5-6-13: GUZ #
5-7-13: Cabled
5-9-13: Article 5 Drop Off
6-11-13: Article 5 Approved
6-13-13: Article 5 Pick Up
6-21-13: TA
CA
Leave for China!
Gotcha Day

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, April 26, 2013

RFE Submitted

Ten long weeks after receiving a Request for Evidence from USCIS immigration, we are happy to say our RFE documentation was submitted today!  It should arrive Monday morning at the Missouri lockbox location where it will be forwarded on to our immigration adjudicator for review and prayerfully, approval!  We should get notification from USCIS when our response documents (all 137 pages) arrive.  Typically they are reviewed within the next couple of weeks after submission.  We are praying that our immigration officer is efficient and processes our paperwork quickly.



Please pray that our submission will be accepted and Maeli's I800 application will be approved without further delay.  We have been very impressed by the work of our attorney and we feel we have more than satisfied immigration's request. 

A blessing from this ten week journey resulted in a photo we received when Maeli's birthfather was interviewed to provide additional information for our immigration request.  He came to the orphanage for the interview and Maeli was able to see him.  The photo was of Maeli standing arm in arm with her birthfather... a photo that I'm sure she will cherish as we do.  To have this photo represents a piece of her past and the selflessness of a father who wants what is best for his daughter. 


Maeli is getting taller and her hair is growing!  She's such a beauty!  It's makes the wait agonizing to see her sweet face and not be able to bring her home now.  I am trying hard to enjoy the "journey" and know that God's timing is perfect...  But my heart longs to braid that beautiful jet black hair, show her the love of her forever family, and live the blessing of an amazing God who wrote a new chapter in her life that we are privileged to be a part of.  I'm trying hard, and there have been days when I've been frustrated, mad, disappointed, depressed, defeated, angry, and hopeless... And then there are days I've felt happiness, peace, progress, blessed, thankful, and hopeful.  But all days, I've loved... loved a daughter I've never met, loved a God that knows vastly more than I do about this process and outcome, loved an amazing husband who has led and guided our family during this journey with a comforting, strong and gentle spirit, and loved the hearts of two children who already call a girl half way around the world their sister.  Ultimately, it's not my fight... It's HIS:  His daughter, and He's got this.  So in the times that I've felt out of control and hopeless, it's because I've tried to fight on my own and the moment I give it to Him, He shows His power and love in mighty ways.  So I'm slowly finding joy in the journey and trying to grow closer to Him while I learn to allow Him to lead...



No comments:

Post a Comment