Video of Ya Nan Singing-at 8:30 on video

Our Beautiful Ya Nan

Our Beautiful Ya Nan
From the moment I saw her, I knew she had my heart...

Our Timeline

8-21-12: Saw our Daughter's face for the first time
8-31-12: Decided she is indeed a Johnson
9-17-12: Home Study Visit
9-24-12: Home Study Visit
10-18-12: I800A received
11-5-12: Walk-in Fingerprints
11-28-12: I800A Approval
12-17-12: DTC
12-27-12: LOI
12-28-12:PA
1-17-13: OOT
2-1-13: LOA (China approved 1-29)
2-4-13: I800 received at lockbox
2-15-13: I800 request for evidence
4-26-13: RFE sent
5-1-13: I800 Approved
5-6-13: GUZ #
5-7-13: Cabled
5-9-13: Article 5 Drop Off
6-11-13: Article 5 Approved
6-13-13: Article 5 Pick Up
6-21-13: TA
CA
Leave for China!
Gotcha Day

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Still waiting...

It's been over a month since I last posted... Mostly because it's been a busy, challenging last several weeks. Waiting on paperwork from China to provide to USCIS has been frustrating and difficult to say the least. And 6 weeks after submitting our I800 application, we are still waiting...
I know God is in control and ultimately this is all in His timing. I also know that we are to be obedient, fight, and advocate for her. We are her voice and God didn't intend for her to be in an orphanage. So I will fight and call and email anyone and everyone until we get this issue resolved.
A couple of weeks ago, we received an update from the orphanage. Maeli is growing and changing. It makes the wait even more difficult... She keeps asking when we are coming. My heart breaks... We need your prayers and truly believe God hears and answers our prayers. Please pray that China will provide the documentation we need for immigration to approve her paperwork. Please pray that Maeli's heart will be protected as she waits and that somehow she will feel our love for her and God's love for her. The road is long and winding but we continue to do all we can to bring her home as quickly as possible.

Maeli will be thirteen in ten days. Thanks to a dear friend who is traveling to China to get her son, Maeli will be receiving a talking teddy bear from us that
we recorded messages on for her. He's precious and I hope the recorded I Love You's in Chinese will reassure her that we are thinking of her!



We also sent a birthday card and other gifts. We hope these will remind her that although we can't be together, we are thinking of her and love her very much! It's amazing how you can love someone you've never met and feel so connected through photos. We also arranged for her to have a birthday cake and a couple of "Chinese" gifts.

Here's the latest photo of her. She's growing way too fast. I love seeing her in the clothes we sent. It's neat to know the bear, something we've prayed over and touched is now on its way to her and she will be able to hear our voice until we can come for her.



- Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment