Video of Ya Nan Singing-at 8:30 on video

Our Beautiful Ya Nan

Our Beautiful Ya Nan
From the moment I saw her, I knew she had my heart...

Our Timeline

8-21-12: Saw our Daughter's face for the first time
8-31-12: Decided she is indeed a Johnson
9-17-12: Home Study Visit
9-24-12: Home Study Visit
10-18-12: I800A received
11-5-12: Walk-in Fingerprints
11-28-12: I800A Approval
12-17-12: DTC
12-27-12: LOI
12-28-12:PA
1-17-13: OOT
2-1-13: LOA (China approved 1-29)
2-4-13: I800 received at lockbox
2-15-13: I800 request for evidence
4-26-13: RFE sent
5-1-13: I800 Approved
5-6-13: GUZ #
5-7-13: Cabled
5-9-13: Article 5 Drop Off
6-11-13: Article 5 Approved
6-13-13: Article 5 Pick Up
6-21-13: TA
CA
Leave for China!
Gotcha Day

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Letter to Maeli

Maeli-
Baba, Mama, and Didi are in the hotel room, preparing to meet our guide who will take us to the Civil Affairs office to meet you for the first time. My heart rejoices that we are only minutes from meeting you and becoming a forever family of 5. My heart aches knowing that you will be leaving everything familiar to start a new life in a new country. I am amazed at your strength, courage, and resiliency in allowing us to be your family. There are so many things I want you to know about the past ten months when we first saw your beautiful and captivating face. I want you to know you were chosen, not because you needed to be rescued but because you are worthy and deserve to grow in a loving family.

You are loved. By us, but most importantly by God. Your extended family and church family have loved and prayed for you too. Even though we experience trials and difficult circumstances in our lives, we can always rely on God to love us. Sometimes we don't always know why negative things happen to us, but we know that no matter what life brings, God is always by our side. Our faith is strengthened when we are rely on His grace and mercies. My prayer is that you will grow to love Him in your own time and understanding.

I want you to know that it's okay to feel sad and anxious about what is to come. We will work hard to earn your love and trust. We want you to love your China family and your American family. We want you to always remember your roots and your heritage. Those are important parts of your life story. I want you to know you have our unwavering love and support now and always.

Maeli, we are so proud of you! Your talents and perseverance are examples of how God has blessed you. We want you to grow into a young woman who uses those talents and abilities to bring glory to God. We promise to help you grow and provide the love and care you need to grow into the person God has created you to be. Love makes a family grow. And love brought us to you!




- Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment