Video of Ya Nan Singing-at 8:30 on video

Our Beautiful Ya Nan

Our Beautiful Ya Nan
From the moment I saw her, I knew she had my heart...

Our Timeline

8-21-12: Saw our Daughter's face for the first time
8-31-12: Decided she is indeed a Johnson
9-17-12: Home Study Visit
9-24-12: Home Study Visit
10-18-12: I800A received
11-5-12: Walk-in Fingerprints
11-28-12: I800A Approval
12-17-12: DTC
12-27-12: LOI
12-28-12:PA
1-17-13: OOT
2-1-13: LOA (China approved 1-29)
2-4-13: I800 received at lockbox
2-15-13: I800 request for evidence
4-26-13: RFE sent
5-1-13: I800 Approved
5-6-13: GUZ #
5-7-13: Cabled
5-9-13: Article 5 Drop Off
6-11-13: Article 5 Approved
6-13-13: Article 5 Pick Up
6-21-13: TA
CA
Leave for China!
Gotcha Day

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

unSTUCK in Immigration... Again

It's been 5 very long weeks since my last post. Mostly, because we've been STUCK, again, in immigration. Maeli's visa application was sent to the US Embassy in China on May 9th and was scheduled to be processed and picked up May 23rd. Given the long delays with immigration previously and the fact that Maeli is considered an older child, our agency requested an expedited Article 5 (visa application) processing. However, we were never contacted prior to the two weeks that it was ready for pickup. In fact, when our agency representative went to pick up the approval letter on May 23rd, she was told Maeli's visa was not ready.
After many phone calls, emails, and congressional inquiries, we were told that given the unique nature of Maeli's case, they didn't need additional information but were asking for input from "experts" to make sure she met immigrant status. If there is one thing I've learned through this process, it's that things can change quickly. When I actually called the Embassy and talked to our officer, he was very nice and indicated that her case would be processed as soon as possible. Three weeks went by after our first phone call and I began to allow my thoughts to take me places that faith would not have allowed me to go. What if they deny her visa? What if they ask for additional information and it delays the process for several more months? What if? What if? And then I was reminded of the scripture I've prayed over and recited many times the past several months: Isaiah 41:10 "Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." God is fighting. Maeli is His daughter. He has captured my tears and He has this. I can't understand His ways. It's easy to ask why... But it's about Faith and Hope. Faith that He's in control. And Hope in His promises that gives peace through this journey to our daughter.



Those who know me best, know that this journey has been HARD. It's been devastating to think about our daughter being so far away without us. And it's been exhausting trying to control things that are completely out of my control. I've failed being Faithful many days to His promise of Hope and finding Joy. Trust me, many times. But through this journey, my personal relationship with God has been strengthened and relationships with friends and family have been strengthened. But most of all, God's glory has been shown because this adoption is truly a miracle and only He can get credit for making this journey possible.
Speaking of hope, just when I had given up hope to receive news for the week, God blessed us....Again! We received an email on that Maeli's visa is approved and ready for pick-up!!!!



The timing was perfect. With the consulate moving in July, there will be a two week delay in appointments. This is where we go in order to finalize Maeli's adoption before coming back to the states. In order to schedule her consulate appointment, we need travel approval from China. Recent system changes have created a backlog and delay in travel approvals. Typically, travel approvals are issued within 7-21 days. So, we wait again for God to come through and provide a way for her to come home in time to adjust before school starts in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment