Video of Ya Nan Singing-at 8:30 on video

Our Beautiful Ya Nan

Our Beautiful Ya Nan
From the moment I saw her, I knew she had my heart...

Our Timeline

8-21-12: Saw our Daughter's face for the first time
8-31-12: Decided she is indeed a Johnson
9-17-12: Home Study Visit
9-24-12: Home Study Visit
10-18-12: I800A received
11-5-12: Walk-in Fingerprints
11-28-12: I800A Approval
12-17-12: DTC
12-27-12: LOI
12-28-12:PA
1-17-13: OOT
2-1-13: LOA (China approved 1-29)
2-4-13: I800 received at lockbox
2-15-13: I800 request for evidence
4-26-13: RFE sent
5-1-13: I800 Approved
5-6-13: GUZ #
5-7-13: Cabled
5-9-13: Article 5 Drop Off
6-11-13: Article 5 Approved
6-13-13: Article 5 Pick Up
6-21-13: TA
CA
Leave for China!
Gotcha Day

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 24, 2013

Travel Approval!

It's amazing how the adoption process can go weeks without any change and then within a matter of days, the process is moving quickly!  Our agency requested an expedited travel approval for Maeli when it was dropped off Friday, June 14th.  We received word Wednesday, June 19th, that Maeli's travel approval had been processed!  So essentially we had a 3 day travel approval wait!  Recently the system for processing travel approvals has been updated and wasn't printing for almost 3 weeks!  There are still many glitches and families waiting, so please keep them in your prayers!  We all want our children home as soon as possible and there seems to be no logical processing.  Then there's the consulate closure to move offices that will take place from July 12-23 in which no visas will be issued.  Any families that receive travel approval in the coming weeks will have to wait until the consulate starts processing visas again on July 24th.  Visa appointments are limited, so that could mean that families have wait another week for a slot.  Ultimately, the closure could create a three to four week delay if an appointment isn't available.  I'm amazed at how God shows His power and grace in a BIG way after months of disappointment and waiting.  I've begged God to bring Maeli home before school starts back.  I'd love to have several weeks at home with her before she begins school and a new routine.



Our official travel approval arrived Friday morning, so we have requested a Consulate Appointment (CA) for July 9, 10, 11, 24, or 25.  We are fervently praying for a July 9-11 date.  That means we would be leaving this week to go get our girl since finalization in province occurs a week before your consulate appointment.  It's amazing to think this time next week we may be flying to China to meet our daughter!!!  The to-do list is a mile long and we are certainly ready to travel if we can.  If we receive a July 24 or 25 date, we will leave on July 13.  We will know in the morning if one of our first three appointments are honored.  I don't think I'll be sleeping tonight.  I've been pretty emotional the past couple of days thinking about our journey to her.  I'm putting my hope in God that He has this.  He's had her in His hands from the beginning and I am at peace knowing that He will be holding her until I can get there.  Praying BIG and waiting for Him show His glory in her story!





No comments:

Post a Comment